Friday, March 2, 2012

Knit ALL THE THINGS!

I swear I"m about to jump into the wasteland of started/unfinished projects.  I have a kitty hat that needs final touches, and an annoying headscarf to finish.  BUT now there's going to be a baby...no, no, not me, so now there's a million silly baby things I want to do, and I promised myself I'd make myself something nice, plus I thought making the mom-to-be something nice and...oh dear.
These are from (ulp i forgot) a knitting book for roller derby-ers.
I thought with a lil alteration they'd make cute lil tractors















It's going to be a baby bear so I thought this would be cute
Craftbits























I've made the baby yoda hat before.  This time I'm going to try very thin wire in 
case it needs to be washed.  Also I'll probably felt it less.























DUCK FEET!!!  AAAHHHHH THE CUTENESS!!!!!  This pattern is from Knitty.com.  The designer of this went on to create patterns for felted ones, toddler ones and big people ones!!!







SQUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!!















Now THIS book was a beautiful little find.  I've been wanting some really beautiful pieces of clothing since I usually don't dress like a girl, therefore don't always feel 'pretty'.  Found it at Half Price books for about $7.  There are a lot of things I want to do in here, but I'll post the ones I really love.






This is a knit/sew piece.  The top is knitted out of a silk combo yarn and sewn onto a silk or any silky feeling fabric.  How could you NOT feel sexy in this?









This is from a bed jacket pattern from 1800's when they would wear just chemises to bed.  These were usually for 'lounging' in when it was cold or there were visitors.  Common gift for a new mother.  I'd like to knit this as a gift.  I love the detailing.




The book has socks, camis, a long skirt I want, and even a bra/panty set.
If you see it at a bookstore I DEFINITELY recommend a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment