Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fairies, internships, and bugs

I think I've decided to be a Disney fairy instead of a Disney princess. They still are beautiful, animals love them, and most of them are nice.

When I wonder why I wish I could be a fairy I found that I want to paint flowers and help things grow.  I may have to wait until the afterlife to actually become a true fairy, but I can do all the other things in my human form.

I had a second interview w/ Heidi's Garden's and I don't know if they are busy, but they are having a hard time getting back to me.  I would love to work there, but if I can't I need to find another job/internship pronto!  The season is short and it's be hard to get a job since the hiring time is short as well.  This is my last full-time semester so I need to have at least a part-time job from now on.

I realize that most of my blogging has been re-posting various articles.  My true intention of this blog is for myself mainly, a place to keep all the cool things I find on Facebook and Stumbleupon.  I'd also really like to affect change in the world, so maybe I'd like it if people would read my blog sometimes.  There's not a lot of ME in here.

I have a concept called 'Everyday Magic'.  This is based on the powerful magics of nature that we usually gloss over because they are so common-place, BUT when we sit down and take a second to look we realize how remarkable it is.

EXAMPLE:  At a camp I used to work at there was a big mosquito problem.  During meetings I would casually entertain by catching and squishing them.  One time I just held on to one by its legs.  It was a living, breathing thing, and I thought it beautiful.  I let that one go.

EXAMPLE: Just look at a big tree, then look at the seeds it has.  That ginormous tree grew out of this tiny little hard thing.  Look at the magic of seedlings...

I've sort of planned to take pictures and make a folder or something of them.  I'd have to find a way to convey the feeling of their magic.  I have two already, 'Happiness Is' and one about graffiti.  'Happiness Is' is slightly self-explanatory.  These are things I see that just make me happy.  Unfortunately sometimes it involves people, and you need a waiver for that.  the Graffiti one is just of silly, sweet, and hilarious graffiti I find places.  I hate it when I find them while in a moving car.  In WI there is a sign for County U and County I that has a heart sticker between them.  My favorite is in a library bathroom that says 'I luv books'

Worst thing is, I never have my camera on hand.  I love bulky cameras, but they are hard to just toss in my backbug.  I think I just need a better camera phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment