Saturday, April 14, 2012

Recycled Gardening

I never seem to have much money.  I'm also just cheap.  I hate buying things when I can make something cheaper and weirder.  Here are a few pictures, ideas I thought were pretty cool!

Planters

Coffee cans
Maybe it is because they are such a happy colour against a brick wall, but I loooove these!

Simply poke holes in the bottom for drainage, scuff up the can with sandpaper and paint with a metal paint.


Outgrown rain boots.
These are very colourful, cheerful, and a good way to recycle worn and and outgrown boots.
Just add holes, dirt and hang.




These, I just think are funny/clever

Decor

Glass Chandelier
WantWantWantWant!!  This one is made with glass yogurt bottles, beaded chain and a circular cooling rack.  It looks like you tie the chain to the jars then to the rack.  Add super fine pebbles and tea lights.




Mirrors
This is really a nice touch.  Mirrors can make any garden (or room) appear larger.  Perhaps you should add a ledge to them so birds can admire themselves.



Piano keys
I added this because my fiance is a music nerd.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment