Monday, January 2, 2012

Screw the rules, I have pink hair.


People tend to ask me about my hair.  Little girls LOVE it.
Pinks and reds tend to fade out fast, but mine tends to stay really well.

Tips and Tricks:
-I use Splat, Pink Fetish found at Wallgreens.  It does NOT look like it says on the box.  It contains a bleaching agent and a semi-permanent stain.
-I use a Roots Only bottle and bleach ONLY my roots.  I mix the bleaching stuff in a bowl then put it in the roots only bottle.  I also use a 1 in paint brush to smooth out the bleach.  I leave it in for an hour.

-I add the stain, put on a shower cap and my black cat hat and leave it in my hair OVERNIGHT.  It is freaking fuchsia!! 
-I tend to wash my hair sparingly.  I switched to the no-poo method and it helps keep the colour in as well as being able to not have to wash it all the time.  When I do I use tepid water, cool enough to keep it from running, but warm enough that it doesn't suck.
-I keep my hair healthy by almost never using heat treatments.
-Baking soda tends to take out the stain, so when I cleanse my hair I use the Roots Only bottle and tip my head upside down.
-The No-poo is interesting.  My hair got really dry during the change-over, anyway some of the ends got really super fried when I went back to pink so they don't hold stain really well.  The parts of the hair that grew since I went no-poo tends to hold the stain really well.  It is also a lot shinier and softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment